Today, 31st March was the final day for householders to file & pay their local property tax for 2013 & 2014 or amend previously submitted returns where the property was undervalued or a claim for relief was incorrectly made. Additionally the controversial House House charge for €100 is due with arrears of €100 by today. Revenue have now extended this deadline to Wednesday 2nd April @5pm
If you don’t avail of this opportunity:
- Interest will be charged on outstanding LPT (including arrears of Household Charge) that is not paid by 31 March 2014 at the rate of@ 0.0219% per day from the date the tax was due (1 July 2013 for 2013 LPT and arrears of Household Charge and 1 January 2014 for 2014 LPT).
- Interest will also apply where additional tax becomes payable in cases where a property was undervalued.
- Mandatory deduction from wages and occupational pensions of unpaid Household Charge, including interest, will start in April for those who have not paid the €200 liability.
- You will not qualify for a tax clearance certificate.
- Revenue will select appropriate cases for debt collection/enforcement action, including referral to the Sheriff, in respect of LPT/Household Charge and for consideration of penalties.
For further information see http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/lpt/index.html or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel. 087 2608988